Monday, November 12, 2012

Fear

FEAR. It's one of the things that stops us from doing most things. My fear is "drowning". I believe it is my biggest fear because I have encountered it before. It happen last summer when I went to the beach. My mom and cousin were far out jumping over waves. Let it be known that it was a RED flag that day. After some time the waves had pushed them to the side where the ground have gotten really deep. My other cousin had said that my mom and cousin were getting to far, so I swam out to them to get them. When I got there I noticed that they were not playing but were having trouble keeping above the water. I fought to keep my cousin and mother above water. My mom went under and stood on the ground and held my cousin above the water. Just talking about this event brings me to tears. That's how much fear can have an effect on you. During all this, I guess I can have my life flash before my eyes. I seen all my loved ones. My Grandparents, my Aunt, my family that was on the shore. Safe. I seen my friends. My closest friends. My crush. I knew that I could swim away anytime and save myself, but what person is so inhumane and can leave their mother and cousin out to die. After about a minute of struggling, some people that were close by noticed our trouble and came to our rescue. They tried helping me but I told them to get them, my mom and cousin, because I could get myself back to shore. That day made me change, not just to be careful when swimming when there are very strong rip currents but at all times. Fear change people, it can change a person completely if there are faced with their fear. Fear does stop most people from doing things, but it did NOT stop me from trying to save my family. Better one than three.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for NEVER abandoning me and staying by my side til the life guards rescued us. Even tho I insisted you get to safety. I never thought jumping a wave that the floor below your feet could disappear in a second. I love you my son xoxo

    ReplyDelete