Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reflecton "War Is Peace"

In the novel 1984, the author George Orwell describes what he believes life in the future will be like. The main character is to be named Winston Smith, lives in London, England which was now called Airstrip One, Oceania. Winston and his comrades are being controlled by a Party called Big Brother. In Chapter 9, part 2, I can relate to the slogan “WAR IS PEACE” because when I get into an argument with someone, I feel much better after it is over, as in saying I'm with peace of myself. In the novel it states that the reason why one of the slogans is “WAR IS PEACE” is because Eurasia, Eastasia, and Oceania have been at war with each other for forever now and basically that is considered peaceful. I have been in many arguments and after them I feel better to let it all out. Therefore, I can relate to the slogan “WAR IS PEACE” actually meaning. A couple days ago I had a big argument with my mother. Once I started arguing with my mom, I felt better because I let everything out. I can relate to war being peace because fights, arguments, and disagreements all end with a peaceful ending. In final analysis, I can relate to the slogan “WAR IS PEACE”. I’ve had many arguments in my life and they’ve brought me peace. In the novel, Eurasia, Eastasia, and Oceania being at war for so long has made “WAR IS PEACE”. By these three being in war so much, it created peace in a way. It created peace by after all the time off fighting you will eventually come to an agreement which will lead to peace. I feel as though I can relate to what’s going on in the novel more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment