Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm About to Break!



           In the novel 1984, George Orwell writes on how he believes the future will be. In Part 3, Chapter 1, Winston is put in a prison cell in the Ministry of Love which has 4 telescreens on each wall watching him because he was caught with Julia in Mr. Charrington's' upstairs room. In Chapter 2, O'Brien sees Winston's torture sessions. He tells Winston's that his crime was refusing to accept to Party's control of history and his memory. O'Brien increases the pain more and more until Winston will give in and start believing into what O'Brien tells him. In Chapter 3, O'Brien tells Winston about the Party's motives after weeks of interrogation and torture. What I can tell from is that when  he is given enough pain to the point that he cannot take it anymore is when he breaks.
            I believe my breaking point is when people don't listen and are completely rude and they don't care about other people. My breaking point was broken last week during my Spanish 2 class when a student was continuing to talk while the whole entire class was silent waiting for that teacher to continue his story, she got to the point when she was talking for at least 2 minutes. After that I couldn't take it anymore and I shouted "SHUT UP ALREADY!". I regretted it after because it started a whole fight between my table and theirs. This shows that my breaking point is when someone doesn't not care about anyone else or is extremely rude.
            In final analysis, I can relate my breaking point to Winston's because reaching your breaking point is when you are pushed to a point in which you just break and you just loose it and say wants on your mind. In Winston's case he was pushed to the point by O'Brien increasing pain into him until he started to believe everything he was telling him even though he knew it was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment