Thursday, November 15, 2012

Relation "Winston"


 In the novel 1984 by George Orwell the protagonist named Winston Smith, who lived in a time period where London, England which is known as Airstrip One, Oceania, was living in a dystopian society. I can relate to Winston when he writes in his diary. He keeps a diary that he writes in and he keeps it a secret because it can have him vaporized. Because of that, he writes in a corner so that the telescreen cannot see him when he writes in the diary. Whenever I write something I'm always self-consciences if someone I know reads what I wrote. My blog is something that I write that people read but, most likely the people reading it do not know me personally. I always feel that whatever I write is not entertaining or it is idiotic. When I write an essay I have my mom or sister read it to make sure it's okay. But, I leave the room and ask them to proof read it and hand it back to me when they are done. When I was around the age of 10 I had to write a short story, it was the only story I have ever written. It was called Halloween, which is kind of ironic because when I was that age I was deathly afraid from anything remotely scary. I would not go to any haunted houses or walks. Hence, I can relate to Winston Smith because he writes in a dairy and keeps to himself just like I do. Pursuing this further, you can see how my personal life can relate to a character in the novel 1984. When Winston sits in his corner and writes in his diary so that the telescreen cannot see him, it relates to me to how I write things and keep them to myself even though his life is on the line, if caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment